Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 4th, 2010 (Email)

Hello!

Hey I get to talk to you on Sunday! Happy Mother's Day! Here's what we'll do I think. I will call you at 3:00 p.m. your time. That's 2:00 p.m. my time. It'll be fun! Don't get me trunky!
My new companion is Elder Cluff from SLC Utah! Elder Collier was called to be one of the zone leaders for this zone now. He just moved down the street a little bit. So I'll still see him just about every day. He was a great companion. We worked hard, saw some miracles and had fun.
Diana Giminez made it to church again on Sunday. So she's been there twice now. We think that she'll be baptized this month. She hasn't committed to a baptismal date yet but she probably will soon. Our mission has set a goal to have 90 baptisms this month so we need a lot of miracles to happen. Last month we had the most baptisms this mission has ever had: 53. So as you can see 90 is quite a lofty goal. But President said that the Lord revealed that goal to him at the beginning of his mission. We can do it!
The office is still going well. I have plenty of work to do here. I have lots of baptismal records to submit, plenty of letters to write, half of a Relief Society pamphlet to translate, 7 HAM radio maps to create, several Recent Convert reports to update, and probably more. President had me go with another missionary yesterday to take the truck and the giant van through a tiny gas station car wash. Sometimes I just get random things to do like that.
Elder Collier said that I should tell you that we touched the doorknob that touched the hand of the nephew of Elder Christofferson of the Twelve. Apparently Elder Christofferson's nephew attends the Atherton Ward. He's semi-active. We tried to visit him but he wasn't home.
Doug Tice got interviewed by Bishop Kovacs yesterday and he's going to receive the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday! He's just moving forward.
Brother and Sister Minus are moving to St. George to start their own business. They just felt like that's what they're supposed to go do. Bro. Minus is the vice president of some big shipping company down here so he knows a lot about business stuff.
I haven't heard from Elder Rodriguez or David & Dixie lately. I did talk with the institute teacher of David Ramos the other day. He said that David's still talking about going on a mission. And Elder Harris is still the District Leader of the Compton District. He's training for the third time in a row! So he just kind of followed me and did what I did somehow. He's even the District Leader of the same district.
Well I love you all and I look forward to talking with you on Sunday! Until then
Love,
Elder Tyler J. Lewis

No comments: