Mom & Dad
The MTC has been challenging. I've felt the spirit so much since I've got here but I've gone through this roller coaster of discouragement and encouragement. I'm trying to relax and stop stressing but sometimes I feel overwhelmed. my companion often acts like the work is a burden and I've had to tell him a couple of times that his negativity is making me miserable. I've prayed a lot about it and I'm trying to have the positive attitude ("positude") I need to teach this gospel right. I've gone through emotions of inadequacy and lots of stress. Today's been better though. It's P-Day and I've been to the temple and that helped a lot. I'm sorry if I sound sad I'm just trying to figure out how to be positive with some of the negative atmosphere I sometimes encounter. I know this is where I need to be and I know I can do this if I have an eye single to the glory of God. Mom thank you so much for the letter you left with me and Dad thanks so much for the advice you gave me before I left. You both helped me get through this first week.
Guess What?! Pres. Uchtdorf spoke at the devotional! He's so amazing and he brought such a strong spirit with him. He's passionate about missionary work.
The Spanish is happening at my own pace. Problem is my companion has taken 4 years of Spanish and I kind of feel like he's trying to drag me along at a pace I can't work with. I really don't want to judge Elder Kemp but we've got to work together POSITIVELY. I HATE negativity! It stresses me out. My eye's been twitching! It never does that!
Well I don't want this to be a letter of venting but I rely on you and love you so much and I really need some advice.
The food isn't terrible. I think I might be gaining weight. Thanks for the Coke post card that made me chuckle! I hope Las Vegas is/was fun.
Don't get me wrong I'm not completely hating the MTC. There are some aspects and many people who are full of the enthusiasm & positivity that should come from the gospel of the Lord. This work shouldn't be a burden it should be full of joyful preparation.
Hey by the way can you send me a copy of the Cleon Skousen talk "The Meaning of the Atonement?" I saved it on one of the computers. Oh and I read somewhere that I could get some of my $$ back from the vaccinations if I sent you this form I've enclosed.
Anyhow I love love love you! You are my best friends and I know that you support me and love me. I know that Christ lives and I know this Church is true.
Love Elder Lewis
PS - no email account yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment