Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 9th, 2009 (Email)

Hello again!

I got transferred today. Funny story. So it turns out that I'm the Mission Secretary now. I got one of those leadership phone calls from President Sexton last week and this time I was in for a big surprise! :) Now I'm companions with Elder Collier, probably one of my favorite missionaries in the whole mission. He's the Financial Secretary. He was my District Leader when I was with Elder Rada and my Zone Leader when I was with Elder Harris. So, about that package you sent me yesterday, I don't know when it will get to me. Sometimes mail get stuck at places for a very long time when it gets sent to the wrong apartment. Maybe could you call Fed-Ex and have them send it to the office instead? Right now any mail should just be sent to 6500 E Atherton St Long Beach CA 90815 since I'm going to be more or less living here from now on. I'm e-mailing you from the mission office right now in fact. I get my own computer with two screens. President Sexton uses it sometimes since he doesn't have his own computer in his office over there. It sounds like I have a great area to work in now. I get to work in Seal Beach and Naples, a couple of the nicest places in the mission. It sounds like I'm going to be very busy over here. I'm in the office most days until 5:00 and then we have dinner and then we teach people from 6:00 until 9:00, which honestly is when most teaching happens anyways. We don't do office work on the weekends or P-Days. So there you go! That's what's happened. And Elder Harris is taking my place as District Leader up in North Long Beach.
I was wrong about Sister Choi going home today. I found out while I was getting trained by Elder Dunn (former Mission Secretary, Elder Beverley's new companion) that she goes home next month. I get to do her papers, arrange her flight plans and whatnot. I'm not exactly sure how to do that yet but I'll figure it out. When you get the letter from President Sexton telling you that I'm an office elder now keep in mind that I'm actually one who makes those letters. ;)
The Cordoba family didn't commit to baptism yet but when Elder Beverley and I visited them last night we found out some good things about them. They're a golden investigator family. They told us that if they were to commit to being baptized they'd really be committed. They're not going to say yes until they mean it. I like people who take their commitments seriously. Their daughter Tonya is like that too. She wasn't there last night but they were telling us that she's been asking them about the Church and she said that if she were to join she'd take it seriously. When she was 15 she made a promise to herself to stay chaste until marriage and her parents said she's kept that commitment until this day. She was wondering what types of rules we have in the Church and so the Law of Chastity was a convenient one to mention. I wish I could stay and keep teaching that family but I'm also excited for my new assignment. Paramount was a challenging area for me. White-washing and area while being a District Leader and a Trainer was quite a load for me. But I'm definitely thankful for that opportunity and I've grown from that experience.
Love you tons! I'm sending you all something special in the mail today so you should get it probably on Friday. Happy Valentine's Day!
Love,
Elder Tyler Lewis

P.S. - My P-Day will be on Wednesday next week due to Zone Conference being on Tuesday so don't be sad if I don't e-mail you until then. My e-mail account is a little different now but I still got your e-mails. My address is tyler.lewis@myldsmail.net.
 
 
Me again. I realized I always forget to tell you more about my companions. Elder Collier is from Atlanta Georgia. He's been in the mission for one less transfer than I have. He's a great missionary. Alright that's all. Love you!

No comments: