Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aug. 24th, 2010 (Email)

Hello!

We're teaching some good people. None of our investigators are coming to church though. :( They all have different obstacles. Most of them are just working on getting a testimony. One man we're teaching named Guillermo hasn't been able to come to our ward because his daughter keeps taking him to her ward in Anaheim. Lame. Guillermo's all ready to be baptized and his member daughter's keeping him fr Yesterday we taught a really humble man named Hugo. He's awesome. He's got some great questions. Yesterday when we came to our appointment he had a table set up in his garage with his Book of Mormon sitting right on top of it, just waiting for us to come over to teach him. He's unemployed so he doesn't have much to do besides watch his kids and talk with us. We're still trying to help Antonio and Alma keep their commitments. They're coming along though. We started reading the Book of Mormon with them and we invited them to set a marriage goal.
Elder Colón and I gave talks in sacrament meeting. That's the first time I've given a talk in a spanish sacrament meeting since the MTC. So that was neat.
Elder Rodriguez e-mailed me last week. He said he's working at a chiropractic clinic as a therapist tech or something. I have his address in Provo so maybe I'll go visit him soon.
This transfer has been a transfer of many many meetings. As Zone Leaders we had 5 meetings with President Bubert at the beginning of the transfer. We've had 7 out of 8 Zone Meetings. This thursday we'll have a Mission Conference and then next week we'll have Zone Leader Council. Finally I'll have one last meeting with President Bubert the day before I go home. Oh, and next Tuesday I'll go to the temple with him. I think I'll have seen President Bubert just about as much as I saw President Sexton before I went to the office. It's been fun.
So for my bike what I'm going to do is go get a bike box from some store here in Long Beach and then somehow between now and Sept. 7th I'm going to pack my bike into that box and get it to Fed Ex to have it shipped home.
Well, I can't think of anything else. We're still working hard teaching the Lamanitish folk of Compton and Paramount. I love you and I'll talk with you all soon!
Love,
Elder Tyler J. Lewis

No comments: