Hello!
As far as I know September 12th sounds like a fantastic day to give a homecoming talk!
We had some neat experiences last week. Wednesday night we weren't having much success finding people to teach and we ran out of plans by about 8:00 p.m. While we were driving I received a distinct impression that we should go to an apartment complex on a street called Vermont. I've rarely received impressions that specifically before. I told Elder Colón and we turned around and went to the complex I was thinking of. We knocked on the first door and right away a mexican man answered. After we invited him to learn he let us into his home. His name was Jose Saucedo. We had a powerful lesson with him. When we shared the message of the Restoration with him he felt the Spirit and he recognized it. He said that he felt peace and that it gave him goosebumps. When he gave the closing prayer he mentioned over and over again that he felt peaceful. Jose gave us his phone number, asked for the directions to the church, and even set a baptismal goal for later in the month. Unfortunately he's a truck driver and he's hard to catch. He should be home again tomorrow though.
We also found a couple people named Antonio and Alma. They're in their 20s and we had a great lesson with them too. Alma said that she's never been baptized and that it bothers her. Antonio hasn't been to any church since he was a kid. They didn't go to church on Sunday but that afternoon I felt like we should go and invite them to a baptism our ward would be having later that evening. They came! The baptism was their first exposure to the Church and it went well. We're going to see them again this evening.
I'm enjoying the Mexican food but I'm also running a couple miles every morning so I think I'm actually losing weight. I think I'm floating somewhere around 133.
Elder Colón does not go home the same day as me. He already knew Spanish so he was only in the MTC for three weeks. He goes home the transfer after me with Elder Collier.
Gracias por todo! Hope all's well! Sounds like you're all doing good and being good. I hope you had a happy birthday Mom! Good luck on your pending half-marathon Dad! And I hope you enjoy Young Woman life and all that implies Hannah! And how's my dog?
Love
Eder Tyler J. Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment